[Numpy-discussion] nose changes checked in

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 00:02:49 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please port over the changes I made to scipy.testing in scipy's r4424
> in order to avoid importing nose until the actual execution of tests.

By the way, I notice that making those changes broke the ability to
run a single test module with the command "python
numpy/numpy/foo/tests/test_bar.py".  So for both NumPy and SciPy, the
boilerplate "if __name__ == '__main__'" stuff needs to be changed if
we're going to retain that capability.

I think I'd prefer to see a convenience function in numpy.testing that
could be used to run the module instead of sprinkling "import nose" in
all that boilerplate, especially since most of the test modules are
already doing a "from numpy.testing import *" anyway.