[Numpy-discussion] Visual Studio revamp: is anyone working on it ?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jun 10 02:34:46 EDT 2008

Hi,

    IIRC, Gary suggested to cut the complications by using vcvarsall.bat
instead of depending on the registry (which keeps changing between
versions). I have started working on that for my own project (because
scons does not work with VS 2008): it looks easy to at least prototype
it, since distutils does this way for VS 2005 and 2008. If nobody is
working on it, I could try to make it in shape for scons (are the
licenses compatible between python and scons, e.g. ripping of some code
from python into scons ?).

    thanks,

    David