[Numpy-discussion] Installation info

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jun 3 22:49:28 EDT 2008

Robert Kern wrote:

> The presence of these functions should have been detected by the
> configuration process of numpy. HAVE_FREXPF and HAVE_LDEXPF would have
> been #define'd if we had detected them correctly. It is possible that
> our configuration process for this does not work correctly with VS
> 2008. From a clean checkout, can you please do the build again and
> copy-and-paste everything printed to the terminal?

As an aside, I don't understand how the configuration is supposed to
work there: why do we define HAVE_LONGDOUBLE, etc...  for a serie of
functions ? I don't understand why for example testing for expf is
supposed to be enough to guarantee the presence of the whole float
functions (HAVE_FLOAT_FUNCS). What is the rationale for that ? Why not
testing for every function we are using ?

David