[Numpy-discussion] Read-only mercurial mirror of numpy trunk available

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 18 04:06:28 EST 2008

Hi there,

    I got a mercurial mirror of numpy available. I put some basic info
on the wiki

http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/HgMirror

I don't know mercurial so much, so I only put some instructions to get
started. It will force me to get more familiar with the mercurial
features which are different from bzr, too (I will put more info then;
in particular, merging works a bit differently).
    Some info:
    - the import was done with hgsvn.
    - The mirror contains only the trunk, and not from the start: it
looks like hgsvn does not follow svn copy, and as such, it started
importing from the scipy_core -> numpy rename. Still, there is the whole
trunk history from 2 years.
    - The .hg directory only takes 17 Mb. With the working tree, it
takes 27 Mb, that is only 3 Mb less than a recent svn checkout.
    - for some reasons, when you clone the hg repository, the tags with
svn revisions are lost. If anyone knows how to avoid that (it is really
useful to find a hg revision corresponding to a svn revision)

    cheers,

    David