[Numpy-discussion] [C++-sig] Overloading sqrt(5.5)*myvector

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Tue Jan 8 06:17:46 EST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008, at 19:57, Travis E. Oliphant wrote:

> Alternatively, the generic scalar operations should probably not be so
> "inclusive" and should allow the other object a chance to perform the
> operation more often (by returning NotImplemented).

That would be great. In fact, this has been (and still is) the #1
problem for me in moving from Numeric to NumPy: as soon as I have
NumPy scalar objects circulating in my programs, everything that
behaves like a sequence gets converted to an array in math operations.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48
91192 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France