[Numpy-discussion] [F2PY]: Allocatable Arrays

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Feb 4 14:47:46 EST 2008

On Mon, February 4, 2008 4:39 pm, Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

> Pearu, now that f2py is part of numpy, I think it would be easier for
> you and also for users to post to the numpy list for f2py-related
> issues. What do you think?

Personaly, I don't have strong opinions on this.

On one hand, it would be better if f2py related issues are
raised in one and only one list. It could be numpy list as f2py
issues would not add much extra traffic to it.

On the other hand, if redirecting f2py-users messages to numpy
list and also vice versa, then I am not sure that all subscribes
in f2py-users list will appreciate extra messages about numpy
issues that might be irrelevant to them. Currently there are
about 180 subscribes to the f2py-users list, many of them also
subscribe numpy-discussion list, I guess. If most of them would
subscribe numpy-discussion list then we could get rid of f2py-users
list. If the administrators of the numpy-discussion list could
share (privately) the list of subscribers mails with me then I could
check how many of the f2py users subscribe the numpy list and
it would be easier to make a decision on the future of f2py-users
list.

When I'll be back to working on f2py g3 then I'll probably
create a google code project for it. There we'll have separate
list for the future version of f2py anyway.

Regards,
Pearu