[Numpy-discussion] Generalized ufuncs?

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Fri Aug 15 02:16:01 EDT 2008

> Numpy 1.2 is for documentation, bug fixes, and getting the new testing
> framework in place. Discipline is called for if we are going to have
> timely releases.
We also agreed to a change in the C-API (or at least did not object too
loudly).   I'm in favor of minimizing that sort of change.

> Why not wait until after the release then?
The biggest reason is that the patch requires changing the C-API and we
are already doing that for 1.2.   I would rather not do it again for
another 6 months at least.  I don't think we should make the patch wait
that long.

Your code review is very much appreciated.

-Travis