[Numpy-discussion] C-API change for 1.2

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Sat Aug 9 01:51:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Travis E. Oliphant
<oliphant at enthought.com> wrote:
> The 1.2 version of NumPy is going to be tagged.  There is at least one
> change I'd like to add:   The hasobject member of the PyArray_Descr
> structure should be renamed to "flags" and converted to a 32-bit
> integer.
>
> What does everybody think about this change?  It should have minimal
> affect except to require a re-compile of extension modules using NumPy.
> The only people requiring code changes would be those making intimate
> use of the PyArray_Descr structure instead of using the macros.

+1
I am going to hold off on tagging 1.2.0b1 until Monday.  This way if
anyone has any objections to this change, they will have a few days to
discuss this.  If there are  no major objections by Monday, go ahead
and make the change and I will tag the beta release.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley