[Numpy-discussion] the path forward

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Wed Apr 30 09:49:43 EDT 2008

On Apr 29, 2008, at 6:01 PM, Keith Goodman wrote:

> I hope that changing x[0,:] is considered a major change since it will
> break most any package based on matrices (mine). And so I hope that
> such a change wouldn't show up, if at all, until 2.0.

The only code that should break would be indexing the extracted row/
column with two indexes.  Multiplication with the extracted row/column
would still work as expected (and that sounded to me like what the
application typically was . . . maybe I'm wrong).

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **