[Numpy-discussion] the path forward

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Tue Apr 29 20:18:39 EDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Keith Goodman apparently wrote:
> I hope that changing x[0,:] is considered a major change since it will
> break most any package based on matrices (mine). And so
> I hope that such a change wouldn't show up, if at all,
> until 2.0.

What if the extant matrix class would continue to be
available for awhile as "oldmatrix", which you could then
import as "matrix" if you wished.  Would that meet your
needs?  (I am simply assuming this would be feasible,
without being sure how a lot of the special casing for
matrices has been done.)

Cheers,
Alan Isaac