[Numpy-discussion] Py3K

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 09:47:41 EDT 2008

Tim Michelsen wrote:
>> This looks like something that need to go on a list for numpy 1.2. Can you
>>
> post a list of the specific problems that need to be addressed?Chuck
> Maybe this post can give some hints:
> All Things Pythonic
> Python 3000 and You
> by Guido van Rossum
> March 17, 2008
>
>     Summary
>     I've posted the slides from my PyCon 2008 keynote on python.org. Here are
> the URLs, plus a warning against the temptation of changing your APIs at the
> same time as porting to Py3k. This is really important!
> http://www.artima.com/weblogs/viewpost.jsp?thread=227041

Hi,
As Guido highlights in his sides (linked from his blog),  the Python 2.6
series has a flag (-3) to help porting.  So I would suggest that Python
2.6 compatibility would be an first intermediate step . I have the
suspicion that some of the 'small' changes are going to be very
important and hard to track down without checking that is works in
Python 2.6.

Bruce