[Numpy-discussion] swig numpy2carray converters

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 11:38:10 EST 2007

> > Of course : http://matt.eifelle.com/item/5
> > It's a basic version of the wrapper I use in my lab (pay attention to
> > the constructor for instance), I hope you will be able to do something
>
> Thanks !
> But this assumes that the data in my C++ library is stored in a
> PyArrayObject ?

Yes, but if your data storage is decoupled from the data use, you can
replace the data storage by a Python one

This is of course not possible in my case - I need this library also in
> other situations, where I don't want to depend on python/numpy ...

In this case, you use the default storage policy.
If you only call functions and do not use classes (construct a class in
Python and then call a method), this is an overkill.

Matthieu
--
French PhD student
Website : http://miles.developpez.com/