[Numpy-discussion] vectorizing loops

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Nov 2 09:40:27 EDT 2007

A Thursday 01 November 2007, David M. Cooke escrigué:
> > At any rate, we would be glad if you would like to integrate our
> > patches
> > in the main numexpr, as there is not much sense to have different
> > implementations of numexpr (most specially when it seems that there
> > are
> > not much users out there).  So, count on us for any question you
> > may have in this regard.
>
> Well, I don't have much time to work on it, but if you make sure your
> patches on the scipy Trac apply clean, I'll have a quick look at them
> and apply them. Since you've had them working in production code,
> they should be good ;-)

Well, being in production and around 10000 tests (where numexpr is
involved) in the pytables package seems a good guarantee to me too ;-)

I've attached a clean patch to ticket #529 of SciPy site:

http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/529

However, I've committed a couple of mistakes during ticket creation, so:

  - in #529, I've uploaded the patch twice, so they are exactly the same
  - please mark #530 as invalid (duplicated)

Cheers,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"