[Numpy-discussion] masked array with mask an instance of numpy.memmap

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:35:51 EDT 2007

> Whoa.  You didn't mean numpy SVN, I take it.  So, will numpy.median not
> ever take into account the mask?

Mmh, that should be part of numpy.core.ma instead: let's keep the masked
arrays a bit on the side.

> And, how recently did you upload them?  I updated scipy today and I
> still get:

Ah, sorry, I should have been clearer: scipy SVN,
sandbox/maskedarray/mstats.py is the file I was mentioning. That's more of a
place holder than an actual library at this point, I'll update it regularly
when the need arises.
I can't start messing with scipy.stats to take masked array into accounts , as
I'm far too biased towards maskedarray vs numpy.core.ma.

I'm not familiar with memmap, but the fact that numpy.core.ma masked arrays
are not ndarrays may be a hint.