[Numpy-discussion] Buffer PEP in NumPy SVN

Steven H. Rogers steve at shrogers.com
Mon Mar 5 08:01:42 EST 2007

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> I just wanted to point people to the online version of the PEP.  I'm
> still looking for comments and suggestions.   The current version is here:
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/numpy/doc/pep_buffer.txt

Adding some use cases to the rationale might help convince the Python
developers that this change is worth the development and maintenance
burden.  What about Python database adapters or data acquisition software?

As the developers are very concerned with keeping their maintenance load
manageable, a reference implementation would be persuasive, and they may
want a commitment to help update affected standard library modules.

# Steve