[Numpy-discussion] f2py problem under MacOsX: "g95: unrecognized option '-shared'"

David Tremouilles david.trem at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 17:24:28 EDT 2007

ok,

 I was using G95 (GCC 4.0.3 (g95 0.90!) ...
using f2py -fcompiler=g95 ...

But I realize gfortran was available on my computer but not recognize by
numpy because
the executable was "gfortran-mp-4.2". Creating a "gfortran" symbolic link to
gfortran-mp-4.2 did the trick
and now I can use successfully "f2py -fcompiler=gnu95 ..."

So, somehow, my problem is solved...
but still f2py did not to work with g95 due to the -share directive so I dig
in as you suggested:
I was not succesfull just copying the "get_flags_linker_so()" function but
in g95.py I have succesfully modified:
executables = {
        'version_cmd'  : ["g95", "--version"],
        'compiler_f77' : ["g95", "-ffixed-form"],
        'compiler_fix' : ["g95", "-ffixed-form"],
        'compiler_f90' : ["g95"],
        'linker_so'    : ["g95", '-undefined', 'dynamic_lookup', '-bundle'],
# ["g95", "-shared"] #here is the mod
        'archiver'     : ["ar", "-cr"],
        'ranlib'       : ["ranlib"]
        }
To make g95 work on my intel macosx computer.

Thanks for your help.

David

David