[Numpy-discussion] Different results from repeated calculation

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sat Jan 27 18:17:04 EST 2007

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 04:00:33PM -0700, Charles R Harris wrote:
> Hmmm, and your problem machine is running smp linux. As is mine; fedora uses
> smp even on single processor machines these days. I think we could use more
> data here comparing

It runs fine on this Ubuntu/Edgy machine, though:

Linux genugtig 2.6.17-10-generic #2 SMP Tue Dec 5 21:16:35 UTC 2006 x86_64 GNU/Linux
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
processor       : 1
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow up pni lahf_lm cmp_legacy

Cheers
Stéfan