[Numpy-discussion] Build numpy without support of "long double' on OS-X

Sebastian Haase seb.haase at gmx.net
Fri Jan 26 15:21:15 EST 2007

On 1/26/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sebastian Haase wrote:
>
> > The easiest would be to be able to disable the long double functions.
>
> Actually, there are a number of other configuration items that are discovered by
> compiling small C programs and running them. There are a number of them that
> might give different answers on 10.3.9 if they could be compiled there. You
> would have to replace that configuration system with something that could load
> the configuration from a file or some other source.
>
> Since that's a big project, you might be content with modifying the code to
> hard-code the results for your own builds and documenting the differences from
> the result of a build from official sources.

I have to admit that I don't know what "configuration items" are -
but I can report that the simple approach of copying libmx.A.dyso
from a 10.4 system to a directory which I added to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
seems to work
on the 10.3.9 PPC machine for the first tests I ran so far.

(disclaimer: as I said I don't even use "long double" so I did not
test this of course)

-Sebastian