[Numpy-discussion] Latest Array-Interface PEP

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Fri Jan 12 02:16:30 EST 2007

Talking about the difference between the memory access model and the
array API, maybe I am talking bullshit (I know next to nothing in these
problems) but couldn' an efficient tree data structure be implemented on
the memory buffer object ? I am pretty sure a simple tree read-only
could, as for a tree that is edited, I am not so sure.

Anyhow read-only tree are used a lot by some people. A lab next to mine
uses them to describe results from there experiment. They store events in
tree-like structures (I have been told that copied that from the CERN).
They can then walk throught the tree in a very efficient way, and do
statistical analysis on their collection of event.

I am not sure if this can fit anywhere in the PEP, but it would sure
enlarge its scope.

Please enlight me.

Gaël