[Numpy-discussion] Managing Rolling Data

Alexander Michael lxander.m at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:46:51 EST 2007

On 2/21/07, Mike Ressler <mike.ressler at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Would loading your data via memmap, then slicing it, do your job
> (using numpy.memmap)? ...

Interesting idea. I think Anne's suggestion that sliced assignment
will reduce to an efficient memcpy fits my needs a bit better than
memmap because I'll be pushing new N x P samples into the array that
will be arriving while the monitor is running.

Actually, I'm hoping sliced self-assignment is as efficient as memmove
(i.e. without creating temporaries), since the dst and src are
overlapping, but I haven't tried it yet to confirm if this is
relatively efficient.

Thank you both for your ideas,
Alex