[Numpy-discussion] magic_square

Alec Mihailovs alec at mihailovs.com
Fri Feb 16 14:37:52 EST 2007

I saw somewhere a comparison between numpy and Matlab/Octave. One of the
Matlab/Octave commands that is missing in Numpy is magic(n) for producing n-by-
n magic squares.

Yesterday I posted a magic_square module in the CheeseShop, containing this
missing magic(n) command together with 2 others, ismagic(a) and magic_constant
(a),

http://www.python.org/pypi/magic_square/0.1
http://mihailovs.com/Alec/Python/magic_square.html

I wouldn't object adding them directly to the numpy package. It's, probably,
RTFM question, but I couldn't find it on the web and I didn't BTFM yet - what
is the standard way of submitting a module for including in numpy?

Another question that I have is that I have a link to NumPy on my magic_square
page cited above. This is a kind of advertising and I've read that NumPy has a
BSD type license including the advertising claim. Do I have to get a written
permission from somebody to have a link to NumPy download page on my page?

Alec Mihailovs
http://mihailovs.com/Alec/