[Numpy-discussion] pyhdf / was: Request for porting pycdf to NumPy

Christian Marquardt christian at marquardt.sc
Fri Feb 9 16:14:34 EST 2007

As we are at it,

Andre Gosselin (the guy who wrote pycdf) also wrote an interface to HDF4
(not 5) named pyhdf. I'm using that with numpy as well (patch attached),
but I haven't tested it much - little more than just running the examples,
really (which appear to be ok). Maybe it's useful...

In pyhdf, the author didn't support different array interfaces; so the
attached patch just modifes the existing source code and moves it over
to numpy. I've also attached a "install script" which makes use of the
particular lacotion of the HDF4 libraries (in $PREFIX/lib) and header
files (in $PREFIX/include/hdf), so it it almost certainly needs to be
adapted to the location of the actual HDF libraries and headers.

Regards,

  Christian.