[Numpy-discussion] Cutting 1.0.2 release

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Thu Feb 1 14:40:02 EST 2007

Travis Oliphant schrieb:
> I think it's time for the 1.0.2 release of NumPy.
>
> What outstanding issues need to be resolved before we do it?

Hi,
I just used real_if_close for the first time, and promptly discovered
that it turns matrix input into array output:

>>> import numpy as n
>>> n.__version__
'1.0.1'
>>> n.real_if_close(n.mat(1))
array([[1]])

Maybe it's something for 1.0.2, or should I file a ticket?

I could also do another round of systematic searches for other functions
that still behave like this, but I'm afraid not before 1.0.2 (if that
happens this weekend).

Thanks,
Sven