[Numpy-discussion] matrix multiplication A x, x has some zeros

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:33:08 EST 2007

Hi,
How sparse are A, x and Ax?

You probably will not find any time or operation efficiency unless A
and x are relatively sparse. With the small size of n, any efficiency
will typically be small in any case.

As you indicate that this has to be repeated multiple times, perhaps
you should look at your overall algorithm for efficiencies.

Bruce