[Numpy-discussion] Changing the distributed binary for numpy 1.0.4 for windows ?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:10:06 EST 2007

> I will put new binaries on the sourceforge site this weekend for both
> NumPy 1.0.4 and SciPy 0.6.0.  I should be able to find an old PIII
> WinXP machine around somewhere, which I will devote to building the
> official non-SSE2 releases from here on out.

Great, many thanks!

Keep in mind that as Ryan's tests showed, Athlon XP chips also seem to
lack the SSE2 set, and those are a bit newer than the PIII, so they
might be a bit easier to find.  The Athlon 64 and Athlon X2 do have
SSE2, but apparently the XP doesn't.  I'm sure there's a wikipedia
page somewhere with a list of all the chips where SSE2 first
appeared...

Cheers,