[Numpy-discussion] scipy.scons branch: building numpy and scipy with scons

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 01:19:33 EST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 3:07 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see how that's relevant to the problem I raised. Supporting Fortran in
> the standard library would make the problem even worse. distutils is certainly
> not broken because it doesn't support Fortran.

Fortran support is indeed certainly not in the scope of distutils. I
was just answering to the general problem that we have a huge build
infrastructure, not to the particular fortran problem. Having an
infrastructure for adding easily new tools, that can be distributed
separately, is something that distutils severely lacks IMHO.

David