[Numpy-discussion] numpy arrays, data allocation and SIMD alignement

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 04:58:24 EDT 2007

On 8/9/07, David Cournapeau <david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Charles R Harris wrote:
> >
> > Ah, you want it in C.
> What would be the use to get SIMD aligned arrays in python ?

If I wanted a fairly specialized routine and didn't want to touch the guts
of numpy, I would pass the aligned array to a C function and use the data
pointer. The python code would be just a high level wrapper. You might even
be able to use ctypes to pass the pointer into a library function. It's not
necessary to code everything in C using the python C API.

Chuck