[Numpy-discussion] Release candidate 2.0 will come out mid-week next week

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed Sep 27 23:17:53 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'd like to release numpy 1.0rc2 on about October 5 of next week.
Then, the release of numpy 1.0 official should happen on Monday, October
17.   Please try and get all fixes and improvements in before then.
Backward-incompatible changes are not acceptable at this point (unless
they are minor or actually bug-fixes). I think NumPy has been cooking
long enough.  Any remaining problems can be fixed with maintenance
releases.  When 1.0 comes out, we will make a 1.0 release branch where
bug-fixes should go as well as on the main trunk (I'd love for a way to
do that automatically).

There are lots of projects that need to start converting to NumPy 1.0 if
we are going to finally have a "merged" community.  The actual release
of NumPy 1.0 will indicate that we are now committing to stability.
Thanks to all that have been contributing so much to the project.

-Travis