Problem introduced after 1.0rc2 on AIX with xlc

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Sat Oct 21 02:07:01 EDT 2006

Brian Granger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am running numpy on aix compiling with xlc.  Revision 1.0rc2 works
> fine and passes all tests.  But 1.0rc3 and more recent give the
> following on import:

Most likely the error-detection code is not working on your platform.
The platform dependent stuff is not that difficult.   I tried to
implement something for AIX, but very likely got it wrong (and don't
have a platform to test it on).  It is the UFUNC_CHECK_STATUS that must
be implemented.   Perhaps, we can do a simple check and disable the
error modes:

seterr(all='ignore')

will work and "turn-off" error-detection on your platform.

-Travis