[Numpy-discussion] bincount on multidimensional array (missing 'axis' parameter)

Emanuele Olivetti olivetti at itc.it
Mon Oct 2 04:44:51 EDT 2006

Hi,
I have to perform bincount on each column of a matrix so I was wondering
why there is no 'axis=?' parameter in bincount function. Currently I'm
looping through columns using a python loop but I'd appreciate to have
the loop embedded in the bincount function (and possibily using a C loop,
since I'm doing this stuff thousands times in a case of many columns).

Is there a good alternative solution to extending bincount? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Emanuele