problems installing NumPy on OSX

arildna at stud.ntnu.no arildna at stud.ntnu.no
Sun Nov 5 13:32:59 EST 2006

Siterer Steve Lianoglou <lists.steve at arachnedesign.net>:

> Hi,
>
>> And do I need even to run numpy (and not scipy)?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean with you last question here, but just in
> case it's not clear:
>
> If you want to use scipy, you need to install numpy.
> You do *not* have to install scipy if all you need is numpy.
>
> -steve

I'm sorry, I was a tad too quick typing there. I meant to say "And do
I even need to [install Xcode] to run numpy?" Robert pointed out that
a lot things mentioned in the install guide were necessary to run
scipy, but that you could run numpy without them.

Therefore I was wondering if installing the newest Xcode package was
likely to fix the error message I am now getting when trying to
install numpy:

  File "numpy/core/setup.py", line 50, in generate_config_h
     raise "ERROR: Failed to test configuration"
ERROR: Failed to test configuration

    Arild