[Numpy-discussion] profiling code with hotshot and Numeric/numpy/scipy/...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu May 4 09:17:10 EDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de> wrote:

> Thanks for the wrapper - but it seems that is does not to help in my case:
> I replaced in my script
>   prof.runcall(main)
> by
>   prof.run("main()")
> and still see the same output, i.e. no information in the
> Numeric/numpy/scipy cases.

Have you tried in ipython %prun or '%run -p'?  The first will run a
single statement, the second a whole script, undre the control of the
OLD python profiler (not hotshot).  While the 'profile' module lacks
some of the niceties of hotshot, it may at least work here.

Not a permanent solution, but it could get you moving.

Cheers,