[Numpy-discussion] Access to C/C++, typemaps, pyrex...

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 23 09:59:04 EST 2006

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Done, both for pyrex and swig.  I added very simple notes, feel free to
> add further detail as necessary:
>
> http://scipy.org/Cookbook/Pyrex_and_NumPy
> http://scipy.org/Cookbook/SWIG_and_NumPy

Thanks, this is great.

Has anyone done this (for either SWIG or Pyrex) for the generic array
interface, rather than explicitly for the numpy types? I'd love to see
examples of how to write extensions that can take ANY nd-array. (I now
that's only NumPy, Numeric and numarray now, but I'm hopeful it will
become a standard)

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov