[Numpy-discussion] SVN version of NumPy will require rebuild of extensions

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Thu Mar 16 13:04:05 EST 2006

This is to serve notice that I altered the C-API table in the SVN
version of numpy.   This change will require a rebuild of extension
modules.

You are supposed to get notice of that when you try to import the
extension module (but that didn't work for me for some reason, importing
scipy just segfaulted --- ahh.. I just figured it out... the command
that gets the version number is located down in the table.  This
location has just changed.  It makes a case that this command should
always be the first entry in the C-API table).

The modifications (with a few new C-API calls) will allow construction
of the scalar-math tables.

-Travis