[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] NumPy 0.9.6 released

Sven Schreiber svetosch at gmx.net
Tue Mar 14 13:20:03 EST 2006

Hi,
are the following issues of the new release known?
(This is on winxp.)

>>> import numpy as n
>>> n.__version__
'0.9.6'
>>> a = n.asmatrix(n.eye(3))
>>> a
matrix([[1, 0, 0],
       [0, 1, 0],
       [0, 0, 1]])
>>> n.linalg.inverse(a)
array([[ 1.,  0.,  0.],
       [ 0.,  1.,  0.],
       [ 0.,  0.,  1.]])

I was asked to report if functions in linalg still don't honor the
matrix input type; voila.

>>> n.linalg.cholesky(a)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\linalg\linalg.py", line 135,
in cholesky_decomposition
    return transpose(triu(a,k=0)).copy()
NameError: global name 'triu' is not defined

I think I've seen this error before, was it in 0.9.4? This is a real
show-stopper.

Happy bug-hunting,
sven