[Numpy-discussion] Array Protocol change for Python 2.6

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Jun 16 15:35:24 EDT 2006

A Divendres 16 Juny 2006 21:25, Thomas Heller va escriure:
> Robert Kern wrote:
> > Like how Win64 uses 32-bit longs and 64-bit pointers. And then there's
> > signedness. Please don't use Python ints to encode pointers. Holding
> > arbitrary pointers is the job of CObjects.
>
> (Sorry, I'm late in reading this thread.  I didn't know there were so many
> numeric groups)
>
> Python has functions to convert pointers to int/long and vice versa:
> PyInt_FromVoidPtr() and PyInt_AsVoidPtr().  ctypes uses them, ctypes also
> represents addresses as ints/longs.

Very interesting. So, may I suggest to use this capability to represent
addresses? I think this would simplify things (specially it will prevent to
use ascii/pointer conversions, which are ugly to my mind).

Cheers,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"