[Numpy-discussion] Suggestions for NumPy

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 9 18:50:21 EDT 2006

Andrew Straw wrote:
> Christopher Barker wrote:
>> Joe Harrington wrote:
>>> My
>>> suggestion is that all the other pages be automatic redirects to the
>>> scipy.org page or subpages thereof.

>> if that means something like:
>>
>> www.numpy.scipy.org (or www.scipy.org/numpy )
>>   Then I'm all for it.
>>
> I just made www.scipy.org/numpy redirect to the already-existing
> www.scipy.org/NumPy
>
> So, hopefully you're on-board now. BTW, this is the reason why we have a
> wiki -- if you don't like something it says, how the site is organized,
> or whatever, please just jump in and edit it.

Thanks for that, but I wasn't taking issue with capitalization.  Now
that you've done, though, the easier it is to find, the better. As I
understood it, Joe's suggestion about "all other pages" referred to
pages that are NOT hosted at scipy.org. Those I can't change.

My comment referred to an earlier suggestion that other pages about
Numpy be referred to www.scipy.org, and I was simply suggesting that any
non-scipy page that refers to numpy should refer to a page specifically
about numpy, like  www.scipy.org/NumPy, rather than the main scipy page.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov