[Numpy-discussion] incorporating C/C++ code

Joris De Ridder joris at ster.kuleuven.be
Thu Jun 29 11:41:11 EDT 2006

Hi,

For heavy number crunching I would like to include C and/or C++ functions
in my NumPy programs. They should have/give NumPy arrays as input/output.
On http://www.scipy.org/Topical_Software I find several suggestions to wrap
C/C++ code: SWIG, weave, Pyrex, Instant, ... but it's quite difficult for me
to have an idea which one I can/should use.

So, a few questions:

Any suggestion for which package I should use? Does this heavily depend
for which purpose I want to use it?

Where can I find the docs for Weave? I find several links on the internet
pointing to http://www.scipy.org/documentation/weave for more info,
but there is nothing anymore.

Thanks in advance,
Joris