[Numpy-discussion] building ATLAS on Win32 - endless compile loop

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 21:08:44 EDT 2006

I did some searching on the web and found that Pentium M is more or less a
Pentium III.
After selecting "Pentium III" in the ATLAS setup, the build worked.  Still,
on my ~1GHz laptop took several hours, nothing like the 15 minutes
advertised on the Wiki.   (I updated the wiki accordingly)

Just out of curiostiy what processor is the official Numpy win32
distribution built for?  Or does it just not use optimized blas/lapack?

--Bill