[Numpy-discussion] .T Transpose shortcut for arrays again

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Jul 7 21:37:26 EDT 2006

Sasha wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yep, like Tim said.  The usage is say a N sets of basis vectors.  Each set
>> of basis vectors is a matrix.
>
> This brings up a feature that I really miss from numpy: an ability to do
>
> array([f(x) for x in a])
>
> without python overhead.  APL-like languages have a notion of "adverb"
> - a higher level operator that maps a function to a function. Numpy
> has some adverbs implemented as ....
<snip>

Hi,
I was just reading through this thread and noticed that the above
might be possibly done best with(a little extended version of) the
numexpr module.

Am I right !?  Just wanted to post this comment about a package I'm
really looking forward to using once I convert from numarray.

Thanks for numpy !!
Sebastian Haase
UCSF