[Numpy-discussion] .T Transpose shortcut for arrays again

Keith Goodman kwgoodman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:59:29 EDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Sven Schreiber <svetosch at gmx.net> wrote:

> Maybe you guys as the developers of numpy should really make up your
> mind about the future of matrices in numpy. Either it's supported, then
> eventually I would expect matrix versions of ones, zeros, eye, for
> example. (Although eye().M would come close enough I guess.) Or you
> decide that you don't really like all the problems that it implies and
> officially declare it unsupported.
> That would be valuable information for users like me who have had (and
> still sometimes have) a hard time figuring out whether I should be using
> arrays or matrices.

If we use it (matrices) they will build it.

All of the big problems I've run into while using matrices have been
fixed within hours of posting the problem to the mailing list.

So for anyone who wants better matrix support, all you have to do is
start using matrices. The rest follows naturally: send any problems
you have to the list and answer any questions you can from new matrix
users.