[Numpy-discussion] I've created a 1.0b1 release tag in SVN

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Jul 21 04:31:49 EDT 2006

I've created the 1.0b1 release tag in SVN and will be uploading files
shortly to Sourceforge.

I've also created a 1.0 release branch called ver1.0

The trunk is now version 1.1 of NumPy and should be used for
new-development only.  I don't expect 1.1 to come out for at least a year.

Bug-fixes and small changes can happen on the 1.0 branch.  These will be
merged periodically to 1.1 or vice-versa.  But, the 1.0 branch will be
used for releases for the next year.

AFAIK, this is similar to Python's release plan.

I'm also going to be out of town for a few days and may not be able to
check my email so you can ask questions, but I may not answer them for
several days :-)

Thanks to all you who helped with this release with bug reports and
patches:

Robert Kern
David Cooke
Pearu Peterson
Alexander Belopolsky (Sasha)
Albert Strasheim
Stefan van der Walt
Tim Hochberg
Christopher Hanley
Perry Greenfield
Todd Miller
David Huard
Nils Wagner

Thank you...

I hope you all have a great weekend :-)  Let's continue to make the beta
release period productive by improving documentation and getting
code-coverage tests and tracking down any bugs.

Best regards,

-Travis