[Numpy-discussion] I think something broke badly today in numpy/scipy...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 21:15:08 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I updated earlier today (about 4 hours ago) numpy/scipy SVN, and all
of a sudden my codes broke left and right.  Backing off to

In [3]: numpy.__version__
Out[3]: '0.9.9.2737'

In [4]: scipy.__version__
Out[4]: '0.5.0.2044'

things are OK again.  I am really sorry not to be able to provide a
narrow test case, but I am utterly swamped right now, and need to
finish a number of things.  Given how bracketing this particular
problem takes about 1/2 hour in recompilations alone for each
revision, I really can't do it right now.

There is no exception, no traceback, it's just that various numerical
algorithms fail to converge.  This code is complex and it uses numpy,
scipy and weave, so the problem could be anywhere.

Again, my apologies for the super-vague report.  But perhaps knowing
that the change is fairly recent, someone may have an eureka moment :)

If nobody finds anything obvious, I might be able to spend some
serious debugging time next week on this, but for now I'll just
retreat to a working version and try to finish my things.

Cheers,