[Numpy-discussion] Numpy subversion compatibility with Scipy release?

Mark Heslep mark at mitre.org
Fri Jul 7 14:36:18 EDT 2006

Is there any general sync point with development Numpy from subversion
and the SciPy releases?  Ive got Numpy 0.9.9.2761 and Scipy 0.4.9
installed with (I believe several) breakages, in particular:

> In [8]: from scipy import special
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/basic.py
>      20
> conjugate,ravel,r_,mgrid,take,ones,dot,transpose,sqrt,add,real
>      21 import numpy
> ---> 22 from numpy import asarray_chkfinite, outerproduct,
> concatenate, reshape, single
>      23 from numpy import matrix as Matrix
>      24 import calc_lwork
>
> ImportError: cannot import name outerproduct
I suppose Scipy is not picking up the deprecation of outerproduct.  No
surprise that bleeding edge Numpy subversion doesn't play with a SciPy
release; I was just wondering if there generally used/known way to make
it happen.  Do I need to fall back to a Numpy release? Or move forward
on SciPy?

Mark