[Numpy-discussion] An apparent bug in the Windows version of numpy 0.9.2

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Jan 19 12:12:04 EST 2006

Colin J. Williams wrote:

> Thanks for this, I'm using Numpy 0.9.2.  Does anyone have any
> suggestion as to what the the other ingredients might be.
> Similar problems arise with Boa-constructer and Python Scripter.  The
> latter also reports a floating point error.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that I'm using the mingw32
compiler to compile NumPy, while Pythonwin was compiled using something
else.

It might be related to Py_complex numbers which in Python are passed
around as structures and my understanding is different compilers treat
this differently.

But, it might be something else as well.   I've been surprised in the
past by some of the quirks of compiling on windows.

The safest thing to do is compile extensions with the same compiler used
to compile Python (but I don't have that compiler, so I can't do it).

-Travis