[Numpy-discussion] Numpy x Matlab: some synthetic benchmarks

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 08:08:03 EST 2006

Hi,

> Travis asked me to benchmark numpy versus matlab in some basic linear
> algebra operations. Here are the resuts for matrices/vectors of
> dimensions 5, 50 and 500:

This is really excellent, thanks.  Is there any chance we can make
these and other benchmarks part of the pre-release testing?  Apart
from testing for bottlenecks, if we could show that we were in the
ballpark of matlab for speed for each release, this would be very
helpful for those us trying to persuade our matlab colleagues to
switch.

Best,

Matthew