[Numpy-discussion] Use of numpy, scipy and matplotlib (pylab) together?

John Byrnes byrnes at bu.edu
Tue Jan 17 07:55:03 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 02:24:33PM +0200, Rudolph van der Merwe wrote:
> What is the correct importing order if one wants to use the full
> capabilities of numpy+scipy+matplotlib?
I believe the correct way to import the packages is to not use

from blah import *

but rather to use:
import numpy as np
import scipy as S
import pylab as pl

This keeps the namespace clean and prevents function collisions.

HTH,
John
--
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear
and obstacles vanish into air.