[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] [SciPy-dev] Long live to numpy (and its list as well)

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 12 09:59:02 EST 2006

Sebastian Haase wrote:
> now  we have two more !

I think it's only one: numpy-dev got dropped.

> Obviously there are going to be lots of posts regarding "transition from
> Numeric/numarray to NumPy" -- are they all supposed to cross post !?

No, they should post to numpy-user. If it's about numpy, post there.
Period. If it's about Numeric or numarray, and NOT numpy, then post to
the old list. As I imagine there are a lot of folks that are not
interested in the latest developments, and are "just using" one of the
older packages, then the old list has a valuable place.

Personally, I filter them both to the same place, so it makes little
difference to me, though all that cross-posting gets annoying.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov