[Numpy-discussion] Histograms of extremely large data sets

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Thu Dec 14 01:03:45 EST 2006

Looks to me like Rick's version is simpler and faster.It looks like it
offers a speed-up of about 1.6 on my machine over the weave version.  I
believe this is because the sorting approach results in quite a few less
compares than the algorithm I used.

Very cool.  I vote that his version go into numpy.

eric