[Numpy-discussion] Broadcasting rules (Ticket 76).

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 27 11:11:03 EDT 2006

Keith Goodman wrote:

> Exactly. That's why the OP doesn't need to write a special function in
> Matlab called SumColumns.

"Didn't". I haven't used MATLAB for much in years. Back in the day, that
feature didn't exist. Or at least was poorly enough documented that i
didn't think it existed. Matlab didn't used to only support 2-d arrays
as well.

Anyway, the point was that a (n,) array and a (n,1) array and a (1,n)
array are all different, and that difference should be preserved.

I'm still confused as to what behavior Sasha wants that doesn't exist.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov